Sunday, July 22, 2007




Joyce Wilson Workshop


This week I had the privilage of attending a Joyce Wilson workshop. Listening to her was such an inspiration for me. I love her attitude and drive to always learn more and to never be stale. Her passion is contageous.

We were separated into groups with the assignment of shooting a portrait, and lifestyle image and something outside of the box. I was paired off with Neil Silverman whom I thought was fantastic. I loved the way he spoke to our young model in a nice soothing voice as he guided her in the posing he was looking for. I learned a lot from observing him and I am sure he didn't even know I was paying attention. Thanks Neil.

Our model was the beautiful Rinata (I hope I am spelling that right) she is twelve years old. What a great sport she was, she was up for everything and followed directions and looked beautiful on cue. Her blue eyes were catching the light and lighting up her face. I hope she enjoys her first professional photo shoot.

I also had the pleasure of haning out with an other new photographer Liza Gershman we rode up to the Reese Ranch together; how could I not have a great time when I got to spend 11 hours shooting and talking about photography.

Mel

See the slideshow here

No comments: